For Mac

Default section for everything that is not a suggestion or bug report for VF_WoWLauncher.

For Mac

Postby Stem » 06 Aug 2015, 13:38

Hello,

I've been half-heartly playing around wit getting VF_WoWLauncher to work on my Mac but haven't had much luck so far. Before I dedicate more time to this project I wondered if anyone had already cracked it (thereby saving me the job)?
Stem

Re: For Mac

Postby Dilatazu » 08 Aug 2015, 19:34

I doubt you can get the current version working good on Mac.

But i would be interested to hear what your ideas are and if you have had any success at all so far.
Maybe we can figure out a solution together. Please send me a PM :)
Dilatazu
Site Admin

Postby Proto » 09 Jun 2016, 19:27

Since I prefer to play fully on my Mac instead of booting into Windows, I tried my hand at getting it working inside of OSX. Using the launcher with Wine is a straight up no go, although I've almost had success using Crossover.

Crossover: could get the launcher working by using a Windows XP bottle and getting .net 2 and 4. The game loads and plays almost as smoothly as just using Wine, although the title and character screen had some screen tearing issues. The problem here was as soon as I input my realmplayers ID into the launcher, I can't load WOW anymore. The launcher can get WoW up otherwise. Any ideas?
Proto

Postby Dilatazu » 18 Jun 2016, 19:43

Hey,

When a UserID is used with the launcher it will run a batch script that runs wow and then after wow closes it automatically starts uploading the data.

I have a feeling this batch script setup is not compatible with Wine.

Thanks for the feedback.
Dilatazu
Site Admin

Return to About/FAQ/Help